One of the most obvious goals of marketing your business is to reach your target audience where they are. For many service based businesses, your target audience probably spends much of their time researching ways to use DIY methods to solve problems themselves before realizing they need the help of a professional.
One of the most common ways your customers are looking for step by step instructions is by viewing “how to” YouTube videos. According to an article by Google, “More than 100M hours of how-to content have been watched in North America so far this year.”
xclntDesign has developed digital media that lets businesses respond to those “how do I” questions and be there at the very moment someone needs them most. Clients that successfully do this can win loyalty and drive sales to boot. In fact, nearly one in three millennials say they've purchased a product or service as a result of watching a how-to video.
When people search for how to do something, they’re already establishing a need or an intent. Digital media, such as informational YouTube videos, offers marketers the opportunity to respond to those needs. For example, a customer may search for a video on “how to do whatever your business does” and in response, your ad will appear before the YouTube video is played.
xclntDesign uses specific strategies to place your company in front of your targeted audience by:
- Identifying the I-want-to-do moments in which consumers have a need and your company can play a role.
- Figuring out the questions and concerns people have related to the types of service you offer or the types of projects they are used for.
- Creating “I-want-to-do” content for your website and YouTube channel to serve as resources for them.
- Looking at when how-to searches occur. Are there particular times of day, week, or year when some topics are more popular?
- Making your videos easy to find by adding descriptive titles, details, and relevant tags to each video.
- Using measurement solutions to determine if your content was seen by your target audience, and whether or not they paid attention to it.
Like Google says, “When people ask how to do something, that’s a need. That's someone asking 'can you help me out?'”
Let xclntDesign make your business a solution. Contact us today to take your advertising to the next level.